Now Hiring Hearse Drivers
Full Job Description
This is a position for a highly empathetic, intelligent, and hard-working individual in Pittsburgh, Orbisonia, and Waynesburg. Our staff truly feels honored to help people in this community. The public service we offer means doing whatever it takes to help each family. Now paying $14.00 per hour.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Assist funeral directors at all times and as requested
- Greeting and directing mourners at the funeral home or church
- Light cleaning after service. Hearses must always maintain a professional appearance.
- Transporting flowers and equipment for funeral service
- Ensuring vehicles are properly maintained
- Helping to carry and load flowers to take to church or cemetery
- Attending to visitors and vehicles in the parking lot as requested by funeral director
- Physical strength required to perform or assist in the transfer of the deceased. Must be able to lift.
- At times, fill in as a Pallbearer
- Putting funeral flags/headlight cards on cars in procession
- Other items requested by funeral director
Requirements for Position:
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and composure
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to drive a variety of vehicles
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Adhere to a professional dress code. Suit and tie are required.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.